I am passionate about entrepreneurship and giving back to community. I try to meet with 1-2 new entrepreneurs every week (mostly lunch meetings or 30min calls) in order to learn about their business ideas, challenges and give feedback and connect with relevant people.
Startup Community initiativesI am active member of Estonian startup ecosystem #EstonianFounders for last 15 years.
- Co-Founder & President 2020 of Estonian Founders Society with 140+ founders
- Co-Founder of Garage48 - organizing 48h hackathons in 25 countries in Europe & beyond
- Curator of Estonian Startups Funding Spreadsheet (2006-today)
- Curator of Estonian Startups Headcount Spreadsheet (2015-today)
- Member of European Innovation Council (EIC) Advisory Board (2019-2020)
Mentoring Young EntrepreneursI am passionate mentor of new founders on their business ideas. BUT, before approaching me, please make sure you have done your homework (1 pager brief about your project):
- What is your business idea? Why are you passionate about this specific idea?
- Please Google about potential competition and do market research?
- Why should people buy your product? Your unique value proposition?
- What resources you need to build your idea? Team & Roles? Funding? Anything else?
- How do you plan to make money? Business model, costs & margins, unit economics?
- How do you go to market - Sales and Marketing channels? Costs of User Acquisition?
- Which are your current TOP3 challenges? How could Martin help you exactly?
Also: see my current Angel Investments >